Tuesday, April 15, 2008


Well, I don't want all my posts to be about the weather, but I feel obligated since I was so cranky in the last one to update you on the next couple days. Today it's 60 and sunny - but don't get too excited for me because there are 40 mph winds, which takes away from it a little bit. But, this weekend, it supposed to be high of 65, and sunny both days - Yeah, baby! I think I'm going to have to find someone with a deck and a grill and begin a favorite summer activity. I have a deck, but no grill - which is fine because even if I did own a grill, we're not allowed to have them on the deck because they're made of some plastic composite stuff that is highly flammable. Or something. Anyway, I'm very happy about this new weather - and am hoping it's here to stay.
I had a fabulous - and exhausting - weekend. The HIT basketball tournament, where LBers come from miles around to play, was this weekend. I had four people staying at my (not very clean) house, and I felt really bad because I didn't clean it before they came and I didn't get a chance to go grocery shopping. I was a pretty awful host, which is kind of a bummer because I really like hosting. A ton of the camp summer staff was there, so it was good to see them, and there were some friends from back in the day that I hadn't seen in eons (does anyone actually know how long an eon is?), so that was fun to catch up. Saturday began with the first game at 8 AM, and the championship ended at 8:15. Eight games, twelve teams, and 60 miles driving from gym to gym later, I was wiped.
Sunday morning, I left my house at 6:45 AM to be to Mayville, North Dakota for a church presentation. I had lunch with a former camp board member and heard stories "from back in the day," then drove to Fargo for a youth workers training seminar. Even though all I wanted to do was get home, I decided that I needed to take advantage of being in Fargo and take the opportunity to shop at a real grocery store. **P.S. I heart Hornbacher's** I'm going to Barnesville this weekend, and thinking it would be worth it to drive the extra 20 miles west from there to go back again. By the time I got home at 9:30, it was all I could do to put the groceries away and hold my head up while I brushed my teeth. Time of sleep: 10:06 PM.
And that was my weekend.

1 comment:

djrogness said...

Kristin!!!!! You are too, too funny! I'm so excited to see that you have a blog and let me tell you - I love, love reading your stories... keep em' coming! Thank you, thank you - you gave me some great laughs tonight... sorry about the thumb, but it is kinda funny! :) Hope it's doing better!