Monday, April 12, 2010

Masterpiece

I had an incredible weekend. I spent the weekend with great friends. We laughed, we ate, we shared stories, we prayed - oh, and we scrapbooked! A couple times a year this group of friends gets together to scrapbook, and as a few of their husbands have pointed out, the scrapbooking is really just an excuse for us to have a girls weekend. And they're mostly right. At least once a year, we do this gathering at camp, and it's incredible. For me, it's a great opportunity to see the guest side of camp; to see (just some of) the payoff for all the work that's done as I watch other guests enjoying their time away and being blessed by the ministry of Inspiration Point. And, if I'm honest, I also like eating all the good food and not doing any of the dishes. :-)

There's a chapel service in the morning, and due to a miscommunication, I slept through it on Saturday, but am so thankful I didn't miss Sunday. My good friend and co-worker Janet talked about God's love. There were lots of little nuggets to take away (God is who he says he is, and He says He IS love), but the most convicting part was when she shared this video.



One reason I posted this was to share it with all of you who didn't have the pleasure of being at camp with me this weekend, but the other reason is so that I can easily find it, because I know I will need to be reminded of this message many, many times in the future.

No comments: