Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I LOVE ELECTION DAY!!!

What you should do today:




and take a bite out of this election

Here's the story with these cookies. My friends and I go to the local city bakery on Thursday mornings before work for coffee and a doughnut. When I was there last week, they had blue donkey cookies and red elephant cookies, so I thought it would be fun to pick some up for our office today. I went at the end of my lunch hour, and there were no donkeys or elephants in sight. But, by this time, I had my heart set on bakery cookies, and all they had were three pumpkin-shaped cookies with the word vote, and four pumpkin-shaped jack-o-latern decorated cookies. I asked how much they were, and was told they were 79 cents a piece. This was important because I didn't have cash, and in order to use my debit card, I needed at least a $5 total. I got 7 cookies, and when she rang them up it was $3.32. Apparently the jack-o-laterns were half priced (because they were old?), and the only other cookies that looked appealing had reindeer on them.

So I wanted political themed cookies and got old halloween and christmas ones instead. At least three of them said "vote" on them.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

You are hilarious!

Boy do I love the bakery too! Mmmm!