Saturday, September 6, 2008

Now I'm a Blogging Machine

Now with having internet in my living room, I'm all over this. Two days in a row of posting - can't remember the last time that happened.
Good news, bad news on the cable front. The bad news is that the Big Ten Network didn't broadcast the Iowa game, which means I didn't get to witness the 42-0 shutout over Florida International. More importantly, I didn't get to witness the used-to-be second string quarterback start and play the whole game - apparently quite well. He threw for 162 yards and 3 touchdowns, so I'll just have to wait til next week to see him. The good news is I found TLC. I won't bore you with where it was, but I watched two episodes of Jon & Kate plus 8, and one episode of What Not to Wear. It was a good afternoon.
Now I'm making some dinner, and as it's coming together, I'm getting pretty excited about it. Donna Jean and I went to Granite City when I was home, and I had a dish that I decided I could make at home. Tonight is the test of that. If it turns out good, I'll tell you what it was, if not, I won't divulge it until I perfect it. It would probably taste better on new Fiestaware, but I won't know because I ordered it today, but it won't ship for 15 to 30 days. Guess I'll have to wait til then.
I'm not sure if tonight will be the usual Saturday night bowling and Big Chief (truck stop we go to afterwards to play rook and eat pie), as it's my first Saturday in Fergus since last May, but I guess I'll wait to see if I get a call.
Cowboys kick-off at 3 tomorrow afternoon, so that will take most of my afternoon. Bring on the football season!

No comments: