Monday, September 15, 2008

The Croup

When I was home over labor day, I was sneezing a lot - which is usually my indicator that I'm getting sick. The day after I got home, I started coughing. My voice was mannish in the morning, but other than that, the cough was no big deal. That didn't last long. By the second day, the cough was getting more intense, but it was that really annoying kind where nothing happens when I coughed. I didn't have any other symptoms, so I was pretty certain it was just a minor cold/cough. Well, that was 14 days ago, and since then, the cough has become very deep, phlegmy, and non-stop. I have affectionately been referring to it as the whoop (short for whooping cough) or the croup. I bit the bullet, and finally made a doctor's appointment today. I'm a little nervous because it's reminiscent to me of the only other time I had bronchitus, and that medicine was awful. I see the doc in 20 minutes. I'll let you know what he decides.

No comments: